Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Two years? What the F*ck?

Another two years zoomed by. How the hell did that happen?

At least I've been busy. Many things have changed since last I blogged. I took weaving and pen-making out of my repertoire of hobbies that I wish I had time to devote to, and now I'm melting glass in my garage. Right now. At this very moment, I have a piece annealing in the kiln.

Garage? Yes, it is a different garage from the garage I whined about before, now it is a huge, non-leaky-roofed attached garage, with enough space that, if it were properly organized, could fit a car, my hobbies, and a flotilla of lawn equipment. As it is now, dis-organized, it bare barely fits my workspace. I'm working on it!

Attached garage? Oh yeah - the Nurse and I bought a new (as in , freshly built) house , in the woods, in Egg Harbor Township, less than two miles from Grandma's. Brother Jon and his wife Mary Ann are renting the Atlantic City house, and fixing it up much more nicely than the Nurse and I had the patience or money for. We did consider doing a knock-down / rebuild, but decided that moving was a more affordable, and more sensible option. It's a win-win -- Jon gets a reasonable rent-rate, and we get this fabulous property and all the space I can waste!

The Nurse and I got married, in a quiet ceremony in Walpole, Mass., September 18, 2009. If I can figure out how, I can even one day post some still or motion caps from the ceremony. And... drum roll, please... I quit smoking! I finished my last duty-free pack (from our pre-nuptial Bermuda cruise) on September 25, 2009, and I have not smoked a cigarette since. Two months later, I weaned off the chantix. I still miss them occasionally, in moments of boredom... but I think about how tough the first 24 hours of quitting were, and it keeps me from going back.

No comments: